Friday, November 11, 2011

Vegetarian Risotto

I have made the Ratatouille Provencale a few times now because it's full of my favourite vegetables and it is really rather easy. I like to eat it on its own, but Philip likes his with pasta. I was trying to think of something to make yesterday, using eggplant, capsicum and zucchini, but I didn't just want to serve up the ratatouille again. I thought it would work well with mixing it with a plain risotto, which is exactly what I did and it was good.


Basic Baked Risotto

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups arborio rice
4 1/2 cups stock
1 cup finely grated parmesan
40g unsalted butter
sea salt and cracked black pepper

Preheat the oven to 180°. Place the rice and stock in a 10-cup capacity baking dish and stir to combine. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes or until most of the stock is absorbed and the rice is al dente. Stir through the parmesan, butter, salt and pepper. Serves 4.

I timed them so that the risotto went into the oven when the ratatouille had about 40 minutes to
go so they would be ready together. I put some risotto into a bowl and then stirred through the ratatouille, sprinkle some shaved parmesan - simple!

From Donna Hay's A Cook's Guide.




Spencer thought he would enjoy some leftovers for lunch today, he loves eggplant!


No comments:

Post a Comment